Struggling to manage an overwhelming schedule? Tried of coping with chronic stress? Join the team from Spa Covers Canada as we celebrate National Hot Tub Day on Tuesday, March 28, 2017.
National Hot Tub Day provides the perfect opportunity to put yourself first! Turn off your smartphones, unplug your devices or television, and just take a few hours to sit back, relax and pamper yourself.
No hot tub at home? Venture out to your neighbourhood swimming and recreation facility to benefit from some hydrotherapy.
Five Facts to Celebrate National Hot Tub Day:
- National Hot Tub Day is a relatively new event, but according to Party Excuses, March 28 was designed as the day to “grab a refreshing cocktail, doff your skivvies and hop ever so gently into the nearest hot tub. Sit back, chill and feel all the tensions of the world melt away in the warm embrace of the bubbles and steam. Throw on some calming music and lighting and you have the right ingredients for a soothing break from the day’s woes.” Our team fully agrees this sound advice!
- The seven Jacuzzi brothers are credited with the creation of hot tub jets. In 1948, the brothers used their expertise with aircraft propellers and pumps to develop a bathtub pump that created a whirlpool effect. This innovation was to aid one of the brothers who was suffering from rheumatoid arthritis.
- The Ancient Egyptians, Romans, Greeks and Japanese all took advantage of naturally occurring hot springs or submerged hot stones into water for bathing and therapeutic treatments. Heated water was considered a luxury, which is still true today!
- In 1999, the New England Journal of Medicine published a study which proved patients with Type 2 Diabetes who partook in daily hot tub therapy experienced reduced doses of insulin and weight loss. Individuals suffering from arthritis, chronic stress, fibromyalgia and other ailments can also benefit from hot tub or hydrotherapy.
- It is estimated that there are more than 25 million hot tubs in use around the world.
Whether you take advantage of a peaceful solo soak or spend time reconnecting with loved ones, National Hot Tub Day is the perfect opportunity to give your mind, body and soul a reset.